Fault Tolerance supports thin provisioned disks?
VMware vSphereTM Evaluator’s Guide, page 43.
Step 1: Turn on VMware Fault Tolerance for a virtual machine
1. Once your cluster is enabled with VMware HA, you can protect any virtual machine with VMware FT, given that the following prerequisites are met:
1. The ESX host must have an FT-enabled CPU. For details please refer to http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1008027.
2. Hosts must be running the same build of ESX.
3. Hosts must be connected via a dedicated FT logging NIC of at least 1 Gbps.
4. Virtual machine being protected must have a single vCPU.
5. Virtual machine’s virtual disk must be thick provisioned