There is a NFS server 192.168.0.254 and all required packages are dumped in /var/ftp/pub of that
server and the /var/ftp/pub directory is shared. Install the Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 by creating
swap 2X256 (RAM SIZE)
Note: Examiner will provide you the Installation startup CD. And here mentioned size may vary
see on the exam paper.
1. Insert the CD on CD-ROM and start the system.
2. In Boot: Prompt type linux askmethod
3. It will display the language, keyboard selection.
4. It will ask you for the installation method.
5. Select the NFS Image from the list
6. It will ask the IP Address, Net mask, Gateway and Name Server. Select Use
Dynamic IP Configuration: because DHCP Server will be configured in your exam lab.
7. It will ask for the NFS Server Name and Redhat Enterprise Linux Directory.
Specify the NFS Server: 192.168.0.254
8. After Connecting to the NFS Server Installation start in GUI. Go up to the partition screen by
selecting the different Options.
9. Create the partition According to the Question because Size and what-what partition should you
create at installation time is specified in your question
10. Then select the MBR Options, time zone and go upto package selections.
It is another Most Important Time of installation. Due to the time limit, you should care about the
installation packages. At Exam time you these packages are enough.
(these two packages are generally not required)
Windows File Server
Text Based Internet
Server Configuration Tools
When installation will complete, your system will reboot. Jump for another Question.