You are giving the debug RHCT exam. The examiner told you that the password of root is redhat.
When you tried to login displays the error message and redisplayed the login screen. You
changed the root password, again unable to login as a root. How will you make Successfully Login
as a root.
When root unable to login into the system think:
1. Is password correct?
2. Is account expired?
3. Is terminal Blocked?
Do these Steps:
3. Boot the System on Single user mode.
4. Change the password
5. Check the account expire date by using chage -l root command.
If account is expired, set net expire date: chage -E “NEVER” root
4. Check the file /etc/securetty à Which file blocked to root login from certain terminal.
5. If terminal is deleted or commented write new or uncomment.
6. Reboot the system and login as a root.