You Completely Install the Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 on your System. While start the system, it’s
giving error to load X window System. How will you fix that problem and make boot successfully
run X Window System.
Think while Problems occurred on booting System on Runlevel 5 (X Window).
1. /tmp is full or not
2. Quota is already reached
3. Video card or resolution or monitor is misconfigured.
4. xfs service is running or not.
1. df -h /tmp à /tmp is full remove the unnecessary file
2. quota username àif quota is already reached remove unnecessary file from home directory.
3. Boot the System in runlevel 3.àyou can pass the Kernel Argument from boot loader.
4. Use command: system-config-display à It will display a dialog to configure the monitor, Video
card, resolution etc.
5. Set the Default Runlevel 5 in /etc/inittab
6. Reboot the System you will get the GUI login Screen.