You plan to migrate a VPN-1 NG with Application Intelligence (Al) R55 SmartCenter Server to
VPN-1 NGX. You also plan to upgrade four VPN-1 Pro Gateways at remote offices, and one local
VPN-1 Pro Gateway at your company’s headquarters. The SmartCenter Server configuration must
be migrated. What is the correct procedure to migrate the configuration?
Upgrade the SmartCenter Server and the five remote Gateways via SmartUpdate, at the same
1. Copy the $FWDIR\conf directory from the SmartCenter Server.
2. Save directory contents to another directory.
3. Uninstall the SmartCenter Server, and install a new SmartCenter Server.
4. Move directory contents to $FWDIR\conf.
5. Reinstall all gateways using NGX and install a policy.
1. From the VPN-1 NGX CD in the SmartCenter Server, select “advance upgrade”.
2. After importing the SmartCenter configuration into the new NGX SmartCenter, reboot.
3. Upgrade all licenses and software on all five remote Gateways via SmartUpdate.
1. Upgrade the five remote Gateways via SmartUpdate.
2. Upgrade the SmartCenter Server, using the VPN-1 NGX CD.
1. Upgrade the SmartCenter Server, using the VPN-1 NGX CD. 2. Reinstall and update the
licenses of the five remote Gateways.