C1000-031 - HELP  

RSS

04/03/2019 6:53 am  

Hi

Can someone please answer the correct answer for the below: - shall appreciate it!

1. A customer runs POWER7+ processor-based servers managed by 7042-CR4 HMCs with V7R7.9.0 firmware.4
The customer will purchase a Power System E980 and wants to manage all servers from the same HMCs.
How can this be accomplished, if necessary?
A. Upgrade the code on the 7042-CR4 HMCs V9R9.1.0.
B. Purchase two 7063-CR1 HMCs.
C. The current HMCs already satisfy the customer requirements.
D. MES the existing 7042-CR4 HMCs to 7042-CR9 HMCs.

2. Which HMC alternative will support a migration from a Power System E880 to a Power System E980?
A. 7042-CR9 with firmware V8
B. 7042-CR7 with firmware V8
C. 7042-CR8 with firmware V8
D. 7042-CR6 with firmware V8
Answer: D

3. An IBM Business Partner is designing a production system for SAP HANA with multiple virtual machines.
Which feature of a Power System E980 server is an advantage over an x86 server for the customer?
A. Memory bandwidth and Level 4 cache
B. Number of cores per socket
C. Takes advantage of DDR3 memory
D. 12-way simultaneous multithreading
Answer: A

4. Which of the following is true for systems virtualized with PowerVM?
A. Adapters can be dedicated to LPARs.
B. LPARs require virtual adapters.
C. LPARs require shared memory.
D. Cores must be shared between LPARs.
Answer: B

5. What are IBM,'s recommended best practices for racking and cabling on the IBM Power System E980?
A. Place the PDUs in the rack's vertical side pockets.
B. Use the acoustic rack doors to minimize floor space and protect operator hearing
C. Locate the EXP24S SAS drawers in a different rack from the node or PCle l/o drawer containing the SAS adapters running them
D. Use the eight inch rack rear expansion
Answer: C

6. What is the minimum amount of rack space that an 80 core Power System E980, without any I/O drawers, will take up in a 19 inch rack?
A. 10U
B. 12U
C. 16U
D. 8U

7. Which of the following is a benefit of the POWER9 processor with Power Enterprise Servers when compared to x86?
A. DDR4 Memory
B. More cores per socket
C. More threads per core
D. NVIDIA Tesla V100

8. What POWER9 processor capability has been enhanced, relative to POWER8, to enable more efficient
processor utilization in support of some applications?
A. Direct Attached Memory Mode
B. AltiVec Instruction set.
C. SMT16 Simulation Mode
D. SMT8 Fused Core Optimization

9. Which of the following is an advantage of Power System Servers over Oracle Exadata solutions?
A. Support for Flash Drives
B. Ability to add cores and memory
C. Can run Oracle 12C natively
D. Offers a greater quantity of cores for enhanced scaling

10. A customer wants the highest performance drives possible for booting the VIOS on their Power System E980. The solution must allow for concurrent maintenance of the drives.
Which of the following technology solutions will best satisfy their requirement?
A. Internal NVMe
B. Fibre Channel attached SSD
C. Internal HDD on a split backplane
D. SAS attached SSD

11. A customer has a two node Power System E880 with EXP24S Disk Drawers and l/o Drawers used exclusively for dual IOS local boot.
How can a Solutions Architect design a PoWER9 solution to minimize the physical rack space with an upgrade to a Power System E980?
A. Configure NVMe Flash Drives into the Power System E980 nodes
B. Configure a single node Power System L980.
C. Change the EXP24S to Mode 4 to allow consolidation to a single EXP24s
D. Upgrade the l/O Drawers with SAN Boot capable Fibre Channel Adapters

12. Customer with a Power System E870 with five IBM i licenses wants to replace it with a new Power System E980 for a new workload.
They will require eight IBM i licenses.
What is the most cost-effective way for the customer to accomplish this?
A. Purchase 3 new IBM i licenses and transfer 5
B. Purchase 8 new IBM i licenses.
C. Purchase 5 new IBM i licenses and transfer 3
D. Purchase 2 new IBM i licenses and transfer 6

13. A customer's infrastructure is currently based on a Power System E870 managed by an HMC 7042-CR6 at V8.860 SW level.
They are planning to upgrade their server to a new Power System E980.
Which of the following will enable the customer to connect an HMC to the Power System E980?
A. Install vHMC on a partition on the Power System E980.
B. Order a new Power-based HMC (7063-CR1).
C. Upgrade the software on the existing HMC.
D. Use the existing HMC at the current SW level.

14. An IBM I customer has installed a Power System E980 with 32 installed and 20 active cores.
They run VIOS on four cores and three IBM i LPARS in capped mode.
* LPAR A uses 8 cores.
* LPAR B uses 6 cores.
* LPAR C uses 2 cores.
The customer has a requirement to make LPARs A and B highly available and wants to use PowerHA for IBM I to achieve this.
What is the minimum number of cores that need to be licensed for PowerHA on the primary server?
A. 20 cores
B. 16 cores
C. 14 cores
D. 32 cores

15. A customer has two POWER8 processor-based servers with eight partitions on each system.
They are upgrading to two POWER9 processor-based servers and want to improve their application uptime during the upgrade/migration to the new servers.
What feature should they implement?
A. Live Partition Mobility between servers
B. Remote Recovery on both servers
C. Active Memory Expansion on each server
D. Memory Deduplication between servers

16. Which of the following needs to be taken into consideration when designing an IBM Power System E980 solution?
A. Each system node has eight PCI full-size Gen3 slots which are a mix of x8 and x16 PCIe slots.
B. A DVD drive must be included in either the system control unit or in a system node.
C. Redundant SAS controllers in each system node manage all six system node SAS bays.
D. Only low profile PCIe adapters are supported in the system node

17. An IBM Power System E980 customer is allocating six processor cores to a shared processor pool where they intend to create four partitions as defined below:
* An IBM i partition with 1.75 processing units and 2 virtual processors - uncapped
* An IBM i partition with .60 processing units and 1 virtual processors - uncapped
* An IBM i partition with .40 processing units and 1 virtual processors - uncapped
* A VIOS partition with 1.25 processing units and 2 virtual processors - uncapped
How many IBM I license are required to support this configuration?
A. 2.75
B. 6.0
C. 4.0
D. 2.0

18. A customer with a Power System 770 and direct SAN I/O is planning a migration to a Power System E980.
The Power System 770 has four 8Gb PCIe 2-port full-height Fibre Channel adapters with all storage
going through the SAN. The customer wants to keep the same WWPNs, and avoid a SAN reconfiguration.
What procedure should be recommended?
A. Order new HBAs, but keep using the existing, already configured SAN switches.
B. Order a PCIe Gen3 I/O Expansion Drawer and relocate the HBAs into the drawer.
C. Order new HBAs and modify the WWPNs in the ASMI.
D. Move the HBAs from the Power 770 and install them into the Power System E980 system node.

19. Which of the following is the complete set of modes that can be configured on a POWER8 processor?
A. Power6.Power7.Power8
B. Power7.Power8
C. Power5.Power6.Power7
D. only Power8

ReplyQuote
06/03/2019 1:48 am  

Hi,

Please answer the Q's if you know the correct answers to Q 1-19.. many thanks!

ReplyQuote
PrepAway - Latest Free Exam Questions & Answers

Working

Please Login or Register